Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Huge Leap Forward

Oh my goodness. I feel spectacular! Today is rapidly becoming the best polyphasic day I've ever had. I read a book until 1:00 when I napped. Then I went on a walk around my neighborhood for quite a while, which invigorated me. By the time I got back, it was getting close to 3:00, which is when I usually feel most tired. But instead, I was still alert from my walk, and I stretched leisurely, enjoying my awakeness. I wondered what to do with the hour before my next nap, and realized I felt like doing math problems. o.O Yes, math problems. So I got out my precalc book and did some simple trigonometry problems just for kicks. Weirdness. Then I napped, woke up feeling great, chilled out for a while, went on a bike ride when the sky had a little light in it, and stretched again. Now I feel absolutely fantastic, and I think the day will continue to be wonderful.

I suspect it was the late night walk I took during first slice that kept me going when I would have entered a zombie-like state as usual. It got my heart rate up and made my body reach a higher state of awakeness than if I just sat around like I usually do at that time.

Mmm. I feel fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment