Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sleepy. Good, though.

I'm on slice two (the awake time after my second nap of the day) and I'm feeling pretty tired. My body feels like it should be asleep, and my eyes want to close. But my resolve is strong.
I didn't fall asleep during my first nap, but I was very relaxed. I did some deep breathing techniques and had a peaceful rest. The time following it was easy at first, then more difficult. At 3:00, I felt cold and tired. I welcomed my 4:00 nap with gratitude. I managed to fall asleep, and I think I dreamed, which surprises me. It was pretty difficult to stay awake after that nap, but I'm still trucking along. I've been drinking plenty of water, and I ate a banana and some triscuits when I got hungry. In a few minutes I'm going to go walk the dog. The sky is lightening already. It's been a long time since I've been awake at this hour, since I abandoned my early rising practices quite a while ago.
My mood is generally positive and optimistic. Physically, I feel like my balance is off, and my body has sleep-weakness. I seem to be able to concentrate just fine when I put my mind to it. I finished off a chapter of my novel, which I've been rewriting/revising.
So my first night is almost over, and I feel tired but ready to continue. Next blog post will be sometime after the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment