Thursday, May 28, 2009

Smiles and Sensitive Hearing

What a great morning! I greatly enjoyed walking the dog. The sun and fresh air invigorated me. I slept during my 8:30 to 9:00 nap (that's thirty minutes later than what I plan for it to be on other days of the week), and I'm pretty sure I dreamed. Then I drove to the soup kitchen as I do on Thursday mornings. Driving was probably a little on the dangerous side; I had to really concentrate. But I made it there safely, and got to work. I noticed that my hearing is more sensitive, and since I'm trained to react to sudden loud noises, I startled easily today. I felt pleasantly awake the whole time I was there. At about 11:15, I started drying and washing trays. My body felt hot (from the exertion?), and I felt ridiculously and inexplicably happy. I was genuinely happy and content washing trays so efficiently. Strangeness.

During the drive home, it was much easier to focus. When I got home, I took a 12:30-13:00 nap. Did not fall asleep, but rested my body and eyes. My throat was and still is a little dry. My good mood has carried over into fourth slice. I had a normal amount of hunger, and I ate lunch (tuna fish and mayonnaise on honey wheat bread, and a bowl of ice cream). And that's about it for the morning. Next blog post will come when the afternoon is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment