Friday, May 29, 2009

Some Slices are Easy as Pie

Third slice is still the best one of the day. I actually didn't even feel tired during that time. I watched two episodes of Xena, ate lunch, and showered. At 13:30 I took a nap, and shortly thereafter I went to Starbucks to meet with a friend. As I drove, I paid careful attention to how I felt and how I was concentrating. Everything was fine; I didn't feel drowsy, and I had no trouble focusing on driving. I didn't feel sleepy during that fourth slice, but I could feel my fine motor skills getting worse (omg. I had difficulty just laying down my playing cards in neat stacks! argh! lol), and my mind couldn't keep up with the world sometimes. But I didn't feel sleepy and I did feel happy. Driving home was just as easy as driving there, I'm pleased to report.

I took my fifth nap of the day near 17:00 when I got home, and then my sister and her husband came over for dinner to celebrate my high school graduation (I homeschool, so it was a small family event). I felt alert and good until 20:00 approached. I started to feel very sleepy, and finally at 20:30 I excused myself and took my sixth and final nap of the day. Now I'm in sixth slice, feeling a little tired but easily able to continue awake until midnight, when the new day will begin.

I fall asleep during every nap now. I'm surprised at how easily that happened. I think I usually take a while to fall asleep. I'm guessing it's faster now because of my lack of sleep. I'm pretty sure I'm dreaming every nap now, too. More than once I have dreamed that my alarm goes off, and I wake up for real, and a second later my real alarm goes off. Kind of humorous, actually. It's also interesting to note that I always feel like I've slept longer than I really have.

Until this evening, my body had been feeling warmer than usual, and it was pleasant. I dislike being cold from the air conditioning running all the time. But now, my body feels more sensitive to cold, and I'm huddled in my pink hoodie, trying to get warm. And I'm eating chocolate chip cookie dough, which is irrelavent but delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment